What Do We Do?
As a community league, we serve all residents of this great community. We are given direction by our membership, and take action through our board of directors. But at the heart of it all, our purpose and mission is to Build Community in Carter Crest & Leger, and we place this at the forefront of everything we do!
Where Are We
We are located in the heart of Southwest Edmonton, nestled between the North Saskatchewan River and Whitemud Creek. The Community is bounded by Rabbit Hill Road to the north and east, 23 Avenue to the south, and Terwillegar Drive to the west. OHCL represents the residents of two neighbourhoods:
Parks & Recreation
The area has several parks including Robert Carter Park and the Terwillegar Heights District Park. A network of hard surface shared-use paths, including a major path along the utility corridor which runs east-west between Carter Crest and Leger extending west from the Whitemud Creek trail systems, overpassing Terwilliger Drive, and connecting to the North Saskatchewan River (Trans Canada Trail).
Key area amenities
- The Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre (TCRC)
- Lillian Osborne High School (grades 10 to 12)
- Archbishop Joseph MacNeil Catholic School (kindergarten to grade 8)
- Mother Margaret Mary Catholic School (grade 9 to 12)
- Direct trail access to the Edmonton River Valley, and Whitemud Creek Ravine